☆ ☆ ☆INSIDE THE AUTHOR WITH 20 QUESTIONS: E.M. ABEL☆ ☆ ☆
1. What is one thing about you that would surprise us?
I decided against majoring in creative writing in college because I didn’t think I could make a career out of it. I chose Advertising/Communications instead.
2. What would an ideal day be for you?
Sleeping in until 8 or 9 with my husband, having a cup of coffee and reading, going out to eat with my family, getting a badass tattoo, having a few beers at a bar with my friends and some sexy time before passing out.
3. What is your favorite curse word?
How can I possibly pick one? Probably fuck.
4. What is your favorite movie?
I hate picking favorites. Dazed and Confused is definitely in the top 5.
5. What is your favorite indulgence?
6. What profession would you not like to do?
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t really have a major crush on any celebrities but I enjoy looking at Travis Fimmel and I’m a big New England Patriots fan so I love watching them in their tight pants. Tom Brady (sigh).
8. What is your FB relationship status (single, married, it’s complicated)?
Happily Married ☺
9. What is your biggest phobia?
This might sound weird but I hate looking at lots of little things. Like that gross lotus pod that someone photo-shopped onto that picture of the woman’s boob and shared all over Facebook. OMG the image still haunts me. After some research I learned it’s called Trypophobia. It’s not really a fear just a revulsion. Ugh. That shit gives me the heebie geebies.
10. What are your favorite foods?
I love seafood and Japanese food.
11. What are your least favorite foods?
I don’t really like goat cheese and horse radish but I’m pretty open minded and will at least try something before deciding if I like it or not.
12. You are at a concert, who are you with and who are you seeing?
It’s funny because I used to go see a lot of punk bands and rappers and now I’d probably go see Adele or Sia or Ellie Goulding. I’ve mellowed out. I’d like to go with my niece and nephews since they’ve never been to a concert before.
13. What is your favorite quote?
There’s really no way I could pick just one but I will give you one of my favorites.
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” —Mahatma Gandhi
14. What is your all-time favorite book?
No way. Can’t do it. But one of my favorites is The Bronze Horseman. That book demolished my emotions and I loved every second.
15. If you could hang out one day with your favorite writer, who would it be and what would you do?
I have a lot of favorite writers but I’d LOVE to hang out with my friend, Kelli Jean. We’ve been good friends for a while and have never met in person. If we did hang out I’m sure we’d have a blast and if we had enough time we’d probably spend some of it writing something together.
16. Out of your male characters in your books who would you marry, kill, fuck?
Marry – Marcus Avery for sure
Fuck – Any or all of them
Kill – I’d probably kill Derek from Liquid & Ash or Shaun if he mouthed off too much. LOL
17. Out of your female characters in your books who would you marry, kill, fuck?
Marry – Asia
Fuck – Jade
Kill – Jessica
18. What word or words do you like to read in a book (can pertain to describing anything or just in general)?
Douchebag or Dude (I like when characters use words I use in my everyday life.)
19. What word or words do you not like to read in a book (can pertain to describing anything or just in general)?
There are certain descriptions of the male anatomy that I can’t get down with. I’ll leave it at that.
20. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Yoda because he’s wise and kind of cute.