☆ ☆ ☆INSIDE THE AUTHOR WITH 20 QUESTIONS: JAY CROWNOVER☆ ☆ ☆
1. What is one thing about you that would surprise us?
Hmmm…that I secretly love all dance movies. Like LOVE them…Dirty Dancing, Step Up, Save the Last Dance, You Got served…if a dance movie is on I will watch the shit out of it…however I don’t dance myself at all…not even after 57 beers
2. What would an ideal day be for you?
There are different ones. Some days I like to stay busy and have a lot going on so I feel productive and accomplished…other days I want to watch an entire season of Jessica Jones and eat candy all day. Pretty much any day I’m not stuck in an airport because I’m delayed for a thousand hours is an okay day by me.
3. What is your favorite curse word?
Fuck…but I also like God Damnit and Son of a Bitch…enhancer words 😉
4. What is your favorite movie?
Fight Club and Trainspotting
5. What is your favorite indulgence?
I like expensive boots. All different shapes and colors…boots boots and more boots. I also have a weird obsession with nice luggage…I’ll totally drop $$$ on a nice Samsonite if it’s a cool color.
6. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything in an office with a dress code…basically Office Space is my nightmare and I would be in the field with the baseball bat and the copier.
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
I love Tom Hardy and Michael Fasbender oh and Chris Pratt…oh and Ryan Reynolds (he has silver temples now OMG!!! Dies)
8. What is your FB relationship status (single, married, it’s complicated)?
Why isn’t bitterly divorced an option? Ha! I’m single on purpose after a bit I’m getting pretty damn good at being that way. I’m proud of my FB single status 😉
9. What is your biggest phobia?
Failure…but fear of flying is a close second.
10. What are your favorite foods?
Tacos and Budlight.
11. What are your least favorite foods?
Tamatoes are the worst thing ever and all tomatoey byproducts can die a squishy red death.
12. You are at a concert, who are you with and who are you seeing?
I was just in Austin to see American Aquarium with my besties Heather and Brad and my person Cora Carmack. I’m going back at the end of March to see a band called Daughter with Cora.
In Colorado I usually go with my mom…she’s fun and down for whoever is playing.
13. What is your favorite quote?
If you want to be remembered after you die either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. It’s Ben Franklin and I have it tattooed on the inside of my arm.
14. What is your all-time favorite book?
A tie between A Catcher in the Rye and The Outsiders
15. If you could hang out one day with your favorite writer, who would it be and what would you do?
Hmmm I hang out with a lot of my favorites on a regular basis…JLA and I sit around and chat books and business or I’ll drag her to dumb tourist spots in whatever city we’re in, Cora and I do all kinds of stuff together; gamble, jet ski, watch Netflix, go to concerts. She’s my person for a reason. I have so much fun with her. I’ve had drinks with Jo Wylde and Kylie Scott, I went to a speakeasy with KA Tucker and Karina Halle. I go shopping and have lunch with Kristen Proby at least once a month. I try and grab dinner with Christina Lauren whenever we’re around the same event. Most of my favorites are my favorite people to spend time with too…I’ve been super lucky that way. The one I really love and admire that I’ve never managed to spend time with or really get to know is Kristen Ashley. She’s amazing and a top fave…if she wanted to hangout I would be down for whatever…not even kidding.
16. Out of your male characters in your books who would you marry, kill, fuck?
Marry – Nash
Fuck – Bax
Kill – I already killed Phil so I consider that enough…my real answer gets me yelled at so I won’t tell
17. Out of your female characters in your books who would you marry, kill, fuck?
Marry – Saint
Fuck – Salem
Kill – hmmm Dovie so I could fuck Bax and not feel bad about it 😉
18. What word or words do you like to read in a book (can pertain to describing anything or just in general)?
I like how eyes are described…I think that’s why I talk about them so much. When the color is like candy or the sky.
I also like different words for orgasm…it’s fun to figure out how to say it without saying it…and I like junk…lol…dudes should totally refer to their dick as junk at least once.
19. What word or words do you not like to read in a book (can pertain to describing anything or just in general)?
I don’t love Cunt and I don’t love gushing…and those two things together I loathe.
20. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Lando Calrissian…he owned a bar…this can’t surprise anyone 😉